Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2020-2021 Strategic Goals
- Enhance and implement technology and services that allow the CCAD community to learn and work remotely (where appropriate, adopt a cloud-first strategy).
Actions include: new cloud-based phone system; increased bandwidth; promoting effective instructional design practices; expanding our single-sign-on applications; supporting asynchronous instruction; advocating for the creation and use of open educational resources such as open textbooks; expanding and updating campus Wi-Fi in Crane and Canzani; and moving IT infrastructure services to the cloud.
- Review and refine L&IT operations including systems and policies (Close the loop).
Actions include: developing and sharing policies such as account creation, account deactivation, library lending and fines, new technology and software requests and data security; consider moving equipment lending to another campus department; reconsider IT supporting print lab: draft State of L&IT report to share with campus community
- Enhance and build partnerships across campus and beyond so we can better align L&IT initiatives with College and departmental goals.
Actions include: regular outreach to departments through improved communication; greater involvement with our consortial partners at AICAD, AICUO, Educause, OhioLINK, OPAL, ARLIS/NA and increased collaboration with nearby institutions
- Develop and bolster our web presence.
Actions include: Library site refresh; IT documentation; and new L&IT organizational site to provide a face for the division
- Work to embed diverse and inclusive practices in L&IT along with actively participating in CCAD’s broader DEI initiatives.
Actions include: reviewing technology platforms to include preferred first names, consideration of pronouns, accessibility, universal design and other similar actions; encourage L&IT staff to join campus DEI efforts including hiring, committees, trainings, and community events
- Continuously develop the skills and expertise of Library & IT staff so we can bring the best innovation to CCAD, expertly serve the College’s needs, and assure we are making highly-informed decisions as we assess and strive to improve our services.
Actions include: ensuring L&IT staff have time and funds to access professional development resources; regular communication between managers and staff members regarding professional development goals; sharing newly learned skill sets across all of L&IT
- Review Library & IT space needs.
Actions include: evaluating Packard Library spaces to support its role as the intellectual center of CCAD; assess the need for “neutral” spaces to support growing campus needs such as virtual reality and online instruction; reconsider IT staff locations to maximize internal communication and resources